Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon
- 3 tablespoons tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- pinch kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small celery root, peeled, halved, and thinly shaved on a mandoline or vegetable slicer
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly shaved on a mandoline or vegetable slicer
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, gently packed
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds (parsley also works well), gently packed
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts
In a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche, lemon juice, tarragon, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
In a medium bowl, combine the celery root, fennel, celery stalk, and celery leaves. Season with a pinch of salt, then toss with the tarragon dressing. Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates. Sprinkle the hazelnuts and fennel fronds over the salad and serve immediately.