Serves 3–4 | 30 minutes
- 2 cups cooked lentils (black caviar, beluga, or French green)
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped, packed, thin stems OK
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss well. Taste, adjust salt. Serve on its own or over greens.
Salad will keep 3–4 days in the fridge.