Serves: 2 | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 pound squid, cleaned and cut into thin rings, tentacles cut to size
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place portioned squid on paper towel–lined tray or plate. Top with garlic and parsley. In a sauté pan, over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add capers and cook until they pop open. Add calamari, garlic, and parsley all at the same time. Carefully swirl with a cooking spoon. Continue until calamari is turning white and getting firm (this should not take more than a minute). Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon onto a warm plate or shallow bowl, along with as much olive oil as you would like for bread dipping.
If you want to make a larger amount, it is best to cook in small batches, as the process is very fast. Larger batches require an unsafe amount of hot oil.